Since before I can remember Christmas Eve was always "Christmas" for us. We did the rounds at the Grandparents houses and opened a ton of gifts and then Christmas Day was reserved for "Santa" presents and dinner. We are kind of keeping in that tradition now that I am grown except that now our DS only gets to open 1 gift from us on X-Mas Eve (jammies and slippers) and has to wait until tomorrow morning for the rest. However, he will get to open gifts from the rest of the family today. I can't wait. Film camera loaded. New video camera for DH to use. Should get some great pics today (I hope!)!
So tomorrow I am cooking dinner. Got a ham, turkey, mashed taters, stuffing, candied yams (YUM!), green beans, green salad, and jello salad. My mouth is just watering thinking about it. Not looking too forward to the actual cooking part and the clean up but the actual eating is what I am waiting for. Tonight mom is fixing prime rib, twiced baked potates and a veggie. Can't wait. I only get PR a couple of times a year b/c DH doesn't care that much for red meat - other than hamburger.
Still have to make dad some more bourbon balls. I had no clue he would like them or I would have made 2 batches in the first place! Thank goodness they are EASY!!! Plus this way he can have a whole batch to himself. Be careful dad - they are STRONG. I ate one last night and whew! The alcohol doesn't evaporate that quickly.
Well everyone, I hope you all have a very Merry Christmas!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




1 comment:
Merry Christmas Kathi!
Post a Comment