Tuesday, October 07, 2008

A little about my DH...

I saw this QA on another blog and thought some of my readers (if I have any) would like to get to know my DH a little better.


What is his name?


Matthew Jon but I call him "Babe". He's Matt to everyone else.

How long have you been married?

If you ask Matt, he’ll say forever. It's been 11 years.

How long did you date?

We met in January of our Junior year in High School so we dated for about 5 years before we got married. Actually, we lived together for most of that 5 years too...

How old is he?


He's 34. I am younger... by 9 months.

Who eats more sweets?

He does. He LOVES chocolate. Reese's Peanut Butter Cups, M&M's, Snickers. He loves it all.


Who said I love you first?


Honestly, I can remember... yeah, pretty pathetic. I should remember those things.

Who is taller?

He's 5'9 and I'm 5"3.

Who can sing better?

Definitely not him... but I can't really sing either. I just do it to annoy him.

Who does the laundry?

HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA.

Me.

Who sleeps on the right side of the bed?

Depends on which way you are looking at it. If I'm in the bed, I'm on the right.

Who mows the lawn?

I'm not allowed to go near the mower. I don’t think Matt would ever let me mow the lawn unless he’s incapacitated with a ruptured spleen and even then, he’d fight me for it because he knows that no one can mow a lawn like he does, least of all me. If I were to mow the lawn, there would be no concentric circles, no parallel lines, no 90ยบ angles. Instead, it would look like a drunken maniac hopped up on coke had run up and down and all around our grass with a machete.


Who cooks dinner?


I do. I really wish he would. He's a better cook than I am.

Who pays the bills?

I do.

Who drives?

Most of the time I do. I like to be in control but I can't stand to drive with him in the car. He's the worst backseat driver ever!!!

Who is more stubborn?

We equal each other.

Who kissed who first?

He kissed me. Some friends and I met him after work one rainy January night. I rode home with him in his souped up 4x4 Toyota and my friends took my fabulous little Geo Metro. He thought it would be fun to show off a little, took a corner too fast and we did like 2 360's in the middle of the street, narrowly missing cars on either side. Of course the first thing he did was grab me to make sure I was okay and just before my heart started beating again he planted one on me.

Who asked who out first?

Well, neither really. We met through some good friends and just started hanging out... see answer above. After "the kiss" we just became a couple...

Who proposed?

Matt did. On Thanksgiving morning 1995. Or was it 1996?

Who has more siblings?

Definitely him. I just have one sister. He has 3 sisters and 2 brothers.

Who wears the pants?

I like to let Matt think that he does. He likes to let me think that I do. Derrick thinks he does and Rhett has no clue yet.

Ahhh! I’m done. Your turn...

6 comments:

Jennifer said...

Oh, this is fun! I love the way your write. Ok, off to try this! :)

Kresta said...

Cute! This was fun to read!

ComfyMom~Stacey said...

That is a fun meme!

I can't remember who said I love you first either.

Nikki said...

Fun entry! I do remember my DH said I love you first...I think I felt it first but I waited for him to say it :)

Chels said...

This is fun! off to do this...

Kristen said...

Very fun: a DH reveal! :)
I will give this a try tomorrow!