Sunday, October 12, 2008

My week...

Well, the boss wasn't a work much this week. He came in on Thursday and Friday. However, I didn't go to work on Thursday. I got to spend the day driving DH to the doctor and hospital. He was grinding stuff on one of his stupid jeeps (and swears he was wearing his protective glasses) and unfortunately a piece of metal flew up and lodged itself in his cornea. FUN - NOT!!! Of course this happened Wednesday and he didn't say anything to me until early Thursday morning. So, I took him to see the doc who tried flushing his eye 3 or 4 times. Of course nothing came out because it was stuck in his eyeball. Stupid doctor. So, she referred him to the orthopedic surgeon over at UCD on an urgent basis. We were told to be there at 3 p.m. so I drove him to Sac to his appointment. We were finally seen around 4 p.m. The surgeon told DH that the doctor said she couldn't see anything in his eye! WTH!!! I could see it with my bare eyes!!! Thank goodness she is not our regular doctor... So, the surgeon removed the metal and gave him a couple of antibiotics. He is fine now. No problems with his vision - thank GOD!!!!

Derrick had baseball Thursday night. Some days I see him really improving and others I wonder if he even really wants to play. He seems to be more focused on practice days. At least he got a hit this week during the game though.

Crap, the power just went out... I really wish this damnned wind would go away!!!

Anyways, we have a busy week ahead of us. Practice either Monday or Tuesday, Captain Ortiz' retirement party on Wednesday, baseball game on Thursday.

Well, that's all I can think of for now... will post more later.

1 comment:

Lena said...

I know this is an older post of yours but oh my gosh how scary! I got something in my eye once and needed emergency outpatient surgery as well. Doesn't sound like mine was quite as big of a deal though! LOL!